It is helpful to understand the possible indications of a water heater problem, which can occur before you actually lose hot water. If you do notice a problem, act quickly and call a water heater expert at SJESP at (888) 246-2610. We’re available to address your needs.
The following are signs that you may have a problem with your water heater:
- You have no hot water at all.
- Your water is warm, not hot.
- When you turn on the hot water, it is cloudy or rust-colored.
- Your hot water has a distinct metallic smell and taste.
- Your water heater is making strange noises.
- Your water heater is leaking.
Any of these can indicate a problem with your water heater. Even if it is only in need of a minor repair, it is better to involve a professional who can fix it before it becomes a costly issue. A slow leak, for example, can turn into a flood if the entire tank breaks.
There are also situations where a water heater problem is an indicator that your entire unit should be replaced. In these cases, we will talk to you about your options to help you choose the best water heater for your needs.
The following are signs that you may need to have your water heater replaced:
- Your water heater is 15 years or older and is not working properly.
- Your water heater is in constant need of repairs.
- You are facing an expensive repair equal to about half the cost of a new unit.